Friday, September 25, 2009

i had an interview

today as part of my application into the English Education major.  and i was kind-of really stressing about it because i also had a test and a paper due today, and my three normal classes... needless to say i was going in like five different directions this morning.  but i made it through two classes and my test and turned in my paper and then headed to my last class, which is supposed to end like 15 minuets before my interview but my professor lets us know that she'll have to leave early, so i have more time to prepare mentally for the interview...
this was both a blessing and a curse, i had half and hour to run every scenario of what could go wrong in my head, and believe me i did.  but eventually i had just a few minutes left so i said a quick prayer and walked over to the room where it was to take place
as soon as i walk in the door i was overcome by a calm and wasn't worried about what was going to happen...
and then we start talking and the first thing we talk about doesn't really have anything to do with english or education... Dr. Crowe (my interviewer) asked me where i was from and as soon as he heard that my dad was military he immediately knew which application was mine and asked where all i had lived.  when he heard japan he said that he had lived there too at some point and we talked about japan for a good 5 minuets and all my fears were gone...
by the time we actually started talking about english i felt like i knew a little bit about him as a person and he knew about me, and that is always a good thing when your application is up for review...  i was able to answer all of his questions and i think i did well because he said that he would give me a positive recommendation.... which is definitely good 
i'll find out if i get in by next friday, so i really hope that i do, i think that the interview is a large part of whether or not you get accepted, so i guess we'll see and if you all want to cross your fingers for me i don't think that it'll hurt.  thanks for all your support, love ya!

1 comment: